PURPOSE OF THE QUALIFICATION
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare a learner to be able to manage risk management plans in support of an organisation’s risk framework, which is generally the responsibility of Risk Officers. The Risk Practitioners assist the Risk Officers by undertaking or facilitating activities related to the implementation of the plans for managing risk in an organisation.
EXIT LEVEL OUTCOMES
On completion of this program learners will be able to:
- Implement the framework for managing risk in the business unit
- Create and sustain risk management partnerships
- Establish the internal and external risk context
- Assess risk in order to produce and update a risk profile for a business unit
- Prepare and facilitate risk treatment plans for a business unit
- Monitor, review and improve risk management activities and processes
- Introduction to Risk Management
- Risk Management Framework: Strategy and Policy
- Risk Management Framework: Processes
- Risk Management Enablers
LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE
It is assumed that the learners who attend this program:
- Will have at least an educational level of grade 12 with Mathematics and Communication level 5
- Have at least two year’s relevant risk management work experience
- Are employed in a risk practitioner environment and role
- Have computer and general office skills
Programme Duration: 12 Months
Training Program Strategy: The training strategy that will apply to this program will be a combination of:
- Contact sessions combined with self-study to address the knowledge and practical skills components of the curriculum
- A structured work experience program at the site of an approved workplace to address the work experience component of the curriculum
Internal Assessment: Khulisane will conduct internal assessments by means of knowledge and practical assessment activities.
Work Experience: During the one year program, the learner obtains work experience, relevant to the required work experience module in the curriculum. The employer is responsible to ensure that work experience must be assessed by a Registered Assessor.
Statement of Results (SOR): Upon successful completion of all four modules, Khulisane issues a Statement of Results to the candidate based on the Knowledge, Practical and Work Experience. This SOR will give the candidate access to the qualifying assessment.
External Assessment: On completion of the program, the candidate must apply to the Institute of Risk Management South Africa (IRMSA) for the External Integrated Summative Assessment (EISA).
Certification: Upon successful completion of the External Summative Assessment, IRMSA will recommend candidates to the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO) for certification.
The profile of learners who can access this qualification is quite varied. It includes learners who are:
- Higher Institution graduates, typically with risk or equivalent qualifications
- Practitioners currently operating in the risk management field
This Occupational Certificate: Organisational Risk Practitioner (NQF 6) is an entry level qualification to provide sufficient knowledge and understanding in order to contribute towards supporting the functions carried out by Risk Officers.